Calm abiding...

|
  1. I absolutley love this track by Jenny Lewis (Rabbit Fur Coat - live), the song has a sweet, bewitching melancohly that stays in your mind long after listening (thanks to Ideological Putty for first bringing Ms Lewis to my attention).

  2. My sitting practice reached a plateu just before Christmas. On the good side I reached the 30 minute threshold, on the bad side I'm unable to maintain any real concentration...though, of course, 'good' and 'bad' are meaningless concepts when applied to medtiation, all I can do is keep on keeping on

  3. that's it for now, have to take HB to school.

2 comments:

Umguy said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad you like the CD. I've certainly had it in heavy rotation at home.

Cool about the practice. How do your legs handle it? I'm up to about half an hour and they're killing me by the end of it. Seems like the last 5-10 minutes is all a meditation on physical discomfort.

martin said...

My legs aren't the problem, they get a few pins and needles but not really any pain. It's my mind that's the problem here ;)

Re. the MP3 track, I just love the lyrics, she's a great song writer.