Miles from Nowhere

|
I've had a bit of a cold so haven't really been posting or checking other blogs. Am still feeling a bit weak and fuzzy but here's a very quick update on what's going on:

1. Haven't had a drink all month and boy, could I do with a large glass of wine (an old Rioja would be my choice but anything half decent would do). Only ten more days to go!

2. I finished 'The Line of Beauty' by Alan Hollinghurst and it was a truly wonderful read. Beautifully written, funny and moving. An accurate portrayal of the UK in the 80s and all that that entailed. Great stuff. Already one of the best books I've read this year.

Here's a thoughtful review of the book by David Womersley.

3. I saw Drubwang Tsoknyi Rinpoche III give a talk in London last week, a great experience. The rinpoche is a great talker, funny and wise.

4. I got my sexy black IPod!

0 comments: