Dreaming...

|
A week of dreamcatching and so far I've caught at least one each night. I also a strange experience of precognition or perhaps just plain coincidence, depending on how you see things.

Here's my dream entry for March 30th 2006:
"I'm studying a map. Tracing rivers as they journey across the land. I realise the map is of New England (USA). The map becomes web-based...text appears when my finger rolls-over a location. I'm slightly critical of the use of multimedia on the map. Though I'm also loving exploring the map and wishing I could visit."
And guess what happened yesterday?: I visited a local art gallery which had new exhibition that featured...a computer with maps overlaying aerial photos and sketches...the maps had 'hotspots' that opened new windows when clicked. Each new window took me to a new map or photo or sketch...

Precogniton or coincidence?

4 comments:

Umguy said...

I can't wrap my mind around the precognition thing. If there is only the present moment then when you had the dream the bit at the gallery didn't exist and how could you have "known" about it. Other than perhaps as anticipation.

Though apparently even folks at the II give ESP a thumbs up.

What's your take?

martin said...

To be frank, I'm pretty much agnostic on the whole question of Psi/psychic-subtle energies. What I do have is a curiosity about my mind, consciousness and psyche. I don't hold any firm beliefs about what I experience (or hear about), It's more a question of playful experimentation and observation.

Not sure if that goes anywhere near answering your question!

Umguy said...

Agnostic is probably the way to go. I'll believe it when I percieve it.

martin said...

heh, heh, i like that: "I'll believe it when I percieve it"