Return to the Fens

|
Well here I am back home from lovely Somerset. The weather was great, spent a lot of time on the beach at Burton Bradstock, which I can highly recommend, especially the excellent fish and chips from the Hive Beach Café.

Spent a day in Glastonbury (new age capital of the UK!) which appears mostly inhabited by new agers, tourists and crusties. It also has three fabby second-hand bookshops from which I purchased books by Trungpa and Nisargadatta (very restrained!).

I read two fine novels - The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood and The Chymical Wedding by Lindsay Clarke. The latter was especially good and has reawakened my interest in Alchemy, so much so that I popped down to the library today and picked up to Jung's Psychology & Alchemy which I started to read this afternoon. Gosh, so many books, so little time...

0 comments: